Woodlore for Young Sportsmen: Survival in the Wild and Hints on Hunting, by H Mortimer Batten. About this title: Originally published in 1922, this is a fascinating illustrated guide to various fieldsports and the woodcraft connected with them. Contents include:
– Life Habits of British Animals
– Game Birds of Great Britain
– Vermin – Destruction of Vermin
– Hints for the Gunner
– Angling and Habits of Fresh Water Fish
– Rabbiting – Ferreting
– Snaring – Trapping Rabbits, Moles etc.
– Making Walking Sticks
– Skinning and Preserving Skins
– Making Leather Goods
– A Permanent Home in the Woods
– Hunting Tips. etc.
Many of the earliest books, particularly those dating back to the 1900s and before, are now extremely scarce and increasingly expensive. Home Farm Books are republishing these classic works in affordable, high quality, modern editions, using the original text and artwork.
Size: 216×140 mm
Er zijn nog geen beoordelingen.